I am often asked, "Jo, how do you work with people and companies?" It is a great question.
So I thought I would write this blog post to explain Me, who I am and what I do and we can talk more if you want to work out more of the details in relation to working together.
Firstly, the best way to understand who I am and what I can do is to think of the word "Mediapreneur". A Mediapreneur, like me, is someone who understands the galaxies of media and digital platforms available to create successful businesses, brands, podcasts, blogs, film, books and learning academies to name a few examples. I have a unique understanding of media, the rise in digital and social media and the way in which people want to connect with each other, with content, with brands, with books, with video, with voice, with film. Ultimately it's all about people and connecting with them and gaining their most valuable asset time and attention via a wide range of methods including conversation, storytelling, listening, observing local trends and massive global moments and being able to read early signs and signals to help adapt and change very quickly.
In the last decade I pioneered Social Media for Air New Zealand, establishing the Social Media channels from zero fans through to the 1.5 million community size with a Klout score of 89+. Air New Zealand was the lead brand in social media for the 7 years I led it as Global Digital & Social Media Manager.
Under my leadership Air New Zealand had break through digital and social media strategies that were recognised globally as world class. Air New Zealand was ranked in the top 5 Airlines globally for social media impact compared to its operational size of being the 45th largest Airline by fleet at that time. This included running the largest social media digital footprint in New Zealand, and included developing leading edge content, live streams, the leading global aviation blog, creating a movement with customers turned fans, the Flying Social Network, Social Media breakfasts with Randi Zuckerberg, Guy Kawasaki, Teddy Goff, Chris Dancy. In fact so much I could write for days, so I would love to talk to you if you have any questions.
Next up was Westpac where as Head of Digital & Social Media I spent 3 years unleashing digital and social media opportunities for both Westpac, it's customers and partners. You can read some wonderful testimonials about me and my career over on my About Jo page.
Ways of working with me
- Yes I am available to work with you by the hour as well as by project across a wide range of expertise.
- Yes I bring all of my over 20 years of experience to you. So we can work together on e.g Strategy, Business Strategy, Digital & Social Media strategy, Innovation, Digital campaign development through to social media / digital channel launch, Creative ideas, Content development, Video storytelling, Writing compelling content for websites, apps, etc, Reputation Management and Crisis Communications, Social Media training for teams, Internal Communications strategy, Internal Ambassador Strategy and more.
- Yes I have led global digital and social media marketing channels for the past ten years including into China and leading WeChat, Weibo, YouKu, for both Air New Zealand and Westpac.
- Yes You can hire me on retainer for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year or longer
- Yes I do social media training for teams and businesses.
- Yes I am often called into businesses to give Keynote talks on a range of topics or custom made.
- Yes I am available for public speaking at events. Here is a list of where I have spoken and on topics.
- Yes I do facilitate business and digital marketing workshops for companies, teams, groups and organisations.
- Yes I develop customer connection strategies that connect hearts and minds. The content could be video, voice, blogs, images, events and more.
- Yes I do manage CEO, C-Suite, Public Figures digital persona's and profiles and I am able to help you too.
- Yes I love seeing people, brands and businesses thrive and become more successful after I have worked with them.
- Yes I work with a broad range of people with my 1on1 Digital Coaching - I work with C-suite, Business leaders, Entrepreneurs, brands and individuals who are passionately curious.
- Yes I have a podcast - Jo Brothers Audacious Audio where I share Business tips, Social Media tips and tricks, and my hot new show Giant Sisters talking with phenomenal women. It is on iTunes, Stitcher, AnchorFM, SoundCloud and a wide range of podcasting platforms and YouTube.
- Yes I have written and self-published 11 books and can talk about the why and how of digital publishing, the process of writing a book, publishing it, launching it, loving the process (which is a story in itself).
- Yes you can buy one of my books on Amazon
- Yes - I then translated some of my books into Mandarin, Spanish and French.
- Yes - I have created animated videos of my children's series The Extraordinary Tales of Queenie Alice Moon.
- Yes - I was a Contributor to The Huffington Post for seven years.
How to reach me
If you would like to work together, or have me talk at an event, do a workshop, do coaching, develop a strategy etc please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org or message me here or on LinkedIn.
On my Giant Sisters podcast show I interview phenomenal women from all walks of life and we talk life, strategy, thoughts, influences and more. You can visit Giant Sisters at www.giantsisters.com to find out more.
Rachel has 15 years' experience advising blue-chip financial institutions, private equity funds, trustees and corporates on a range of lending and capital markets transactions. She is Founder of The Blockchain Boutique a legal practice specialising in blockchain and crypto which will launch in 2018.
Rachel is a former partner at NZ law firm Bell Gully, with experience at leading London law firms Allen & Overy and Olswang. She founded Bell Gully's FinTech team and has advised NZ's leading blockchain businesses on transactional and compliance-related matters. She is ranked by legal directories, including Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 and The Legal 500, as a leading/recommended lawyer in both banking and finance and investment funds.
I had a great talk with phenomenal woman Jessica Manins a few weeks ago on my Giant Sisters podcast.
On the show I interview phenomenal women from all walks of life and we talk life, strategy, thoughts, influences and more. You can visit Giant Sisters at www.giantsisters.com to find out more.
Jessica is helping to build New Zealand's innovative digital nation using interactive technology. She is exploring the magical world of virtual, augmented and mixed reality and have established a national centre that builds talent capability, showcases new products and develops cutting edge innovations. Jessica’s team at Mixt deliver interactive content specialising in 360°, VR and AR products at solutions that have a people first approach.
Jo Brothers - Strategic Brand Marketer, Author, Podcaster, Chief Game Officer - Queenie Alice Moon (iOS & Android)
Lifestyle, Entertainment, Films, Books, Music, Ideas #indiegame #author #publisher #ideas #media #mediapreneur